michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Epson SX200 Printer will not print. All connections and lights

Epson SX200 Printer will not print. All connections and lights on. Printer sounds as though it is working but nothing prints out. Plenty of ink installed
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hi there, I am Michelle, and i am a licensed printer professional, i see you are asking about Epson printer, i think i can help you. I have an overall 9 years of experience in this area and have helped hundreds of customers in fixing there problems.

michelleclive :

let me know when you are available then we can start the troubleshooting.

Customer:

Available now

michelleclive :

my apology about the delay.

michelleclive :

are you ready to chat now

michelleclive :

I believe that you are aware if there is any hardware found to to failing or its bad then the problem will remain the same and we cannot fix a hardware problem till the faulty part is identified and then replace or repair

Customer:

I think it is only a cleaning problem but cannot understand the online procedure as it will not bring up the suggested moves. To clarify the model in question is an Epson SX 205 Model C351D.

michelleclive :

The print head nozzles may be clogged. From the Utility section found in the Epson printer driver, clean the print heads by performing a head cleaning followed by printing a nozzle check pattern. A head cleaning and nozzle check should be performed as a cycle.

After printing a nozzle check, examine the printed dot pattern to see if there is any improvement. Each staggered horizontal and straight vertical line should be complete, with no gaps in the dot pattern. If there are gaps in the dot pattern, continue with another cycle. Perform up to four cycles if necessary.

If the nozzle check is not printing completely, and if the head cleanings do not help the nozzle check pattern to print completely, try replacing the ink cartridge. You can also turn the printer off and wait overnight this allows any dried ink to soften-and then try cleaning the print head again.

Try replacing the ink cartridges, if nothing helps, your printer may require service and you should contact

michelleclive :

Follow these steps to print a nozzle/test page:

1. Turn the printer on and make sure the paper is loaded correctly. Also check that no error lights are on orflashing

2. Press the maintainance button

michelleclive :

3. Use the up and down arrow keys to choose program 3: Printing a Nozzle pattern

michelleclive :

4. Press OK

michelleclive :

5. A test page/nozzle pattern will be printed

michelleclive :

After the nozzle pattern is printed examine the colured lines for breaks. If breaks do appear carry out the head cleaning operation.

michelleclive :
Steps : Cleaning the Print Head
michelleclive :
Make sure the printer is on and the B light is off. Cleaning uses ink, so only clean if quality declines
Customer:

How do I get into the Epson printer driver. I am not computer orientated and need one by one steps?

michelleclive :

Full Size Image

michelleclive :
If it does not improve after cleaning four times, turn off the printer for at least six hours. Then try cleaning the print

head again. If quality does not improve, one of the ink cartridges may need to be replaced. If quality is a problem

after replacing the cartridges, you will have to contact a repair man.
michelleclive :

you can download the driver from this link for your printer

michelleclive :

Click here to download driver

Customer:

Asumably this printer driver is in the box that holds the printer cartridges but this is half covered in the machine and cannot be accessed. How do I expose it for access?

michelleclive :

no that is called print head which holds the cartridges, printer driver is the software which drives the print to print from different applications from your computer.

Customer:

OK but where is it

michelleclive :

when you open the printer cover the printer head will slide at the center to the cartridge change position

michelleclive :

do you have the user manual

michelleclive :

click here to download the printer manual

Customer:

No mine doesn`t it stays hidden and I do not have a manual. The only time the printer head is accessible is when it calls for replacement cartridges.

michelleclive :

open the top cover and then press the stop button

michelleclive :

the printer head craddle will move to the cartridge change position

michelleclive :

check this video

Customer:

The stop button does not move the printer head, nothing moves and there are no sounds of it working. Maybe the SX205 is different. Unfortunately our computer does not like videos and only downloads one or two frames at at time.

michelleclive :

check the power cable and make sure the printer is powered o.

michelleclive :

on

Customer:

Yes it is on and lit up with No1 ready to print

michelleclive :

you have windows 7, vista or xp on the computer

Customer:

I believe it`s VISTA

michelleclive :

if you want i can do the head cleaning and check the printer driver software as well using remote access.

michelleclive :

however remote access is an additions service to your existing plan.

Customer:

So you mean I would have to pay more and you cannot tell me how to do it manually.

michelleclive :

that is what i am trying to do and make it as simple to understand and follow the steps on your computer to run the print head cleaning steps

Customer:

I appreciate your efforts but can this be done within the £22 I have already paid

michelleclive :

sure no problem i will not charge you for remote access

michelleclive :

Click the Link above

1) Click Join
2) Click Run/OK/Yes/Allow if asked
3)Click Allow /Run/Ok if asked by Anti Virus
4)Let me know any issues

michelleclive :

Issue resolved/fixed in remote access.

michelleclive :

I have fixed the printer problem using remote access. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below.

michelleclive :

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No more questions

The service I received was excellent