Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a bush led24970dvdfhdw. I want to know how to access

I have a bush led24970dvdfhdw. I want to know how to access HD programmes. The manual says it is HD ready. What do I need to do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- What video devices are connected to this TV?
- Is air antenna plugs directly in TV for channels or any satellite receiver is hooked for broadcasting?

These info will help to answer the question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a dvd player/recorder and a video tape player/recorder already connected. The TV is connected to the rooftop ariel via the usual co-axial connection

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Richard for the reply.

This TV can display High Definition picture through HDMI input and it depends on video source output video signal that should be HD, TV is capable to process that high definition/ high resolution video signal to display that picture.
If you connect Bluray Player or HD satellite Receiver then you can view HD picture on it, a DVD or VCR and ariel signal would not give HD video signal to TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Without spending too much money on new equipment what is the least I need? Is it a satellite dish or just some sort of "box"?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Satellite dish receiver or maybe cable service provider gives HD cable box for HD video signal will work, bluray player is another video device that provides HD video output.
The point is that TV is capable to present low video resolution to high video resolution picture and rest is depend on video source that it gets video signal from.

Hope these info will help. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Cable here. So, its either bluray or satellite am I right?. No simple little box connected to arial? Is bluray capable of connection to rooftop arial? Anyway thanks for your help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Richard,

Yes, bluray player and satellite receiver would provide HD signal to TV and TV will adjust automatically according to video signal resolution.
Bluray player doesn't capable for rooftop ariel because it doesn't have any tuner inside nor it needs as it playback bluray disc for HD video, normal DVD disc for normal video output.
Best,

Shahid.