Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi I have a Panasonic SA-PT470 home theatre system. I recently

Hi I have a Panasonic SA-PT470 home theatre system. I recently bought a panasonic TX L47WT65B tv and a panasonic sound bar. I discarded the home theatre speakers and presumed the DVD player would still provide sound to the sound bar but it doesn't. The DVD picture on the tv is perfect but no sound. The DVD player is connected to the tv via an hdmi cable.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Do you get DVD sound in TV speakers?
- What type of cord connected between TV and sound bar?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I don't get sound from the DVD and the speakers in the tv.
I have an hdmi lead between tv and sub woofer which then connects to sound bar via normal speaker cables
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Alan for the reply.

- Is DVD connected directly in HDMI input of TV and has good picture but no sound?
- What is the model number of DVD player?
- Is there any other video device connected to TV and do you get its sound in sound bar?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes connected directly into hdmi input on tv.
The DVD model number is XXXXX pt470. It is a home theatre system. Is the problem that it doesn't have a sound output other than direct to the original speakers and can't send sound to another source?
The sky box and xbox are both connected and sound from these works on both tv speakers and sound bar
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

I'm having trouble to get related manual, please give me few minutes and I'll get back in 15 minutes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I just leave web page open
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alan,

Thanks for waiting.
Please press Setup on DVD remote to get in settings option, go to HDMI option and turn Off Viera Link option, set Audio Out to ON and check.
Does TV give DVD playback sound output in its speakers?