nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Nexus 7 2012 version will not boot or turn off

Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 3 years ago.

nathan_mills :

nathan_mills :

Try holding down the power and volume Down button for an extended period of time.

Customer:

Somthing happened, I now have a picture of the android with its door open and laying on its back

nathan_mills :

Until you see an Android robot and the word Start on the screen

nathan_mills :

Wait for some time till the phone boots up

nathan_mills :

You have to press the start on the right corner.

Customer:

touching start has no effect

Customer:

have the google colurs swurling but prior to that it flashed white. still swurling

nathan_mills :

Wait for two three minutes.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

still swurling

Customer:

5 mins now still the same

nathan_mills :

Then there is only one way. You will have to hard reset it. But this will wipe all the data. If you are okay with it then revert back. I will guide you through it.

Customer:

yes i am ok to go back to factory settings

nathan_mills :

Press the power button and both volume keys for several seconds. The computer screen will eventually blink off. Continue to hold until you see the Android recovery logo and the large Start selection at the top of the screen. - See more at: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/28928/google-nexus-7-tablet-hard-reset-or-reboot/#sthash.Tc1fI5Fy.dpuf

nathan_mills :

Should i give you a link to a video tutorial?

nathan_mills :

Click Here

nathan_mills :

And check the steps from 1:43 min.

nathan_mills :

Please the solution positively. Revert back if you have any query.

nathan_mills :

Please rate the solution positively. Revert back if you have any query

Customer:

I folloed the vidio, reset and restarted it the same only now I presume all my data has gone

nathan_mills :

Yes the hard reset wipes all the data.

Customer:

but i still dont have a reboot

nathan_mills :

Are you still stuck at google logo screen?

Customer:

Yes

nathan_mills :

Did you follow all the steps as described in the video?

Customer:

yes

nathan_mills :

Once again do the reset by these steps:

nathan_mills :

1. Press the power button and both volume keys for several seconds. The computer screen will eventually blink off. Continue to hold until you see the Android recovery logo and the large Start selection at the top of the screen.
2. Move the volume keys up and down to see the menu selections. If you don’t want to factory reset, you can try to Power down or to Restart bootloader from these selections. The power key will select the option.
3. If you are forced or desire to factory reset and wipe the device, select Recovery Mode. Your device will reboot. This reboot will be much slower than normal.
4. When you see the Android with red triangle, hold the power button down and press the volume up key until the wipe data/factory reset option appears. Press the power button to select it. Remember that this will erase all the data on your device.
5. With the volume keys select Yes – erase all user data and again press the power button to select this option.

Customer:

i have done it twice, the only difference between the vidio and my nexus is i do not have the google colours in the form of a cross, I have them in the form of colored balls

nathan_mills :

If still you are stuck there is some serious problem with the flash program of your phone which will need a reprogramming.

nathan_mills :

Is your device still under one year warranty period?

Customer:

no expired five weeks ago

nathan_mills :

Then you will be charged for getting it reprogrammed. Contact the manufacturer.

nathan_mills :

Why did you rate it as bad service. I tried everything that could have been done.There is the problem with the software and only the manufacturer can program it through legit flash EEPROM. Please rate it positively. Thanks. Regards Nathan.

nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.