Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

for the past month i have been getting a lot of interference

for the past month i have been getting a lot of interference with free view as have my neighbours. it starts between 5-5 30 stuttering very bad for approx 1hr then again about 9 till late. i have retuned free view and nothing changed. any answers ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

If this problem is occurring regularly, then it is most likely caused by interference from something being activated around those times.
Do you share an aerial with your neighbours? If so, then something near the aerial may be causing the interference, e.g. a generator, fluorescent lighting, heating system, etc.

If you need further assistance, please let me know your postcode so I can check the signal strength of your nearest mast and if there are any reported known problems nearby.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how can we find source of interference ? no shared aerials. post code le31gq. thanks

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for that.
There have actually been many reports of interference caused by the new 4G transmitters in the Leicester area, since they recently went live.

This may be the cause of your interference too.

You can report the problem here: https://at800.tv

AT800 can provide filters to help prevent the interference.