Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

hi expert . . .i do believe i have a kenwood rx-49 stereo stack

hi expert . . .i do believe i have a kenwood rx-49 stereo stack system, the problem is the turntable isn't working.i haven't taken it apart yet,but look like a white rubber band had snapped . .but 2 be honest i don't even know if it came from the unit . . .or should i take it 2 the menders? if it is only the belt where could i get it from
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

These system do use a Rubber Belt to connect the Motor Spindle to the Turntable. If they break or wear loose, you will have this problem. For some odd reason, I am having a really difficult time locating one using the Model Number you've provided. Can you check if the Turntable has a different Model Number than the System as a whole?

We may need to disassemble the Turntable and check the length of the belt.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi carl,this system is a automatic return turntable p-29. i've taken the turntable off & found when u pull the arm across a little white spindle starts to spin,,so i got an elastic band & put round the spindle & attached to the turntable but theres no room 4 the band to move cos underneath the turntable there is a lip which goes all the way round ,i know its not the right band

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
The correct belt is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antriebsriemen-fur-Kenwood-P-29-P29-Riemen-Drive-Belt-/260307836688

If you need the belt replacement instructions, you'll have to refer to the Service Manual that can be purchased and downloaded for immediate use here: http://www.manualscenter.com/manuals/kenwood/p29-service-manual.html#.Uw5_PYWzniQ.