nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Morning, I have had my Galaxy Tab 2 for a while now. It

Morning,

I have had my Galaxy Tab 2 for a while now. It has been working well . I turned it off as normal but last night when I turned it on to use it I found that I had to put a password XXXXX I have not set a password XXXXX Im unable to use it. How has this happened?
Its never happened before.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 3 years ago.

nathan_mills :

nathan_mills :

Welcome to justanswer.

nathan_mills :

Are you getting th option of lost password?

nathan_mills :

Try entering your google account information i.e. the password XXXXX your google account.

nathan_mills :

If still it says incorrect password XXXXX you will have to hard reset your Tab but this will erase your data.

nathan_mills :

But the content saved on your memory card will not be lost.

nathan_mills :

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account (as long as they were synced previously). Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Play Store, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

nathan_mills :

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Remove the battery.

2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.

3. Hold down the Volume Down button then press the Power button. Hold them both until you see the Samsung logo, then release the power button but keep holding the volume down button.

4. You will be presented with the service menu (two icons)

5. Choose the one on the left (the one that is not the Downloading..." option) by highlighting it with the volume down button, then pressing the power button to select it.

6. Now you will see the Recovery Menu

7. Use the volume down button to choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset

8. Press the Power button to select the option

9. Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.

10. When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device. If it doesnt reboot, but stays in the recovery menu after the reset, choose reboot system now.

nathan_mills :

Please rate the solution positively. Or revert back if you need further assistance. Cheers. Regards Nathan.

nathan_mills :

Please reply back if the issue is solved or not.