nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My printouts are showing horizontal lines across all my ph

My printouts are showing horizontal lines across all my photographs
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 3 years ago.

nathan_mills :

Hello.

nathan_mills :

There are few factors responsible

nathan_mills :

Check the ink levels. Low ink level may cause the horizontal line

nathan_mills :

If your printer is running out of ink, simply replace or refill your ink cartridges following the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations.

nathan_mills :

Make sure the paper type selected matches the paper you are actually using. Printing photos and the use of photo paper is especially affected by incorrect settings.

nathan_mills :

Check the Print Quality. Settings usually offer a choice between Draft, Normal and Best. Select the highest quality possible.

nathan_mills :

Select “Color” printing even if you are printing a document that is only in black and white.

nathan_mills :

Turning off high speed printing mode often eliminates unwanted lines.

nathan_mills :

Run your printer through a cycle of test, clean, and align .

nathan_mills :

If the problem still persists then go ahead and run your computer’s troubleshooting program for your printer. If you are a Windows user then you can reach this through the Control Panel, and if Mac user then go through System Preferences.

nathan_mills :

If the printer is working and you’ve tried everything else, you may just need to replace the cartridge

nathan_mills :

If the horizontal lines on your printouts are black or in color and are not simply streaks where ink is missing, a clogged or dirty print head is a likely culprit. There are several methods of cleaning print heads, depending on the make and model of the printer

nathan_mills :

• DO unplug the printer and remove the ink cartridges before cleaning the print head.

• DON’T use tap water to clean the print head. Most inks are water soluble, so purified water is effective and relatively safe to use for cleaning. However, tap water can contain minerals and other impurities that can damage the print head.

• DO use distilled water to clean the print head.

• DON’T use compressed air to blow out print heads or nozzles. These parts are delicate and can be damaged by compressed air.

• DO consider cleaning the backside of the print head assembly if cleaning the print head alone does not resolve the problem.

nathan_mills :

Revert back if you need further help

nathan_mills :

Please rate the solution positively.

nathan_mills :

Cheers. Regards Nathan.

Customer:

H ow do I remove the print head. The model is Kodak ESP C315

nathan_mills :

Give me a moment. I will check it for you.

nathan_mills :

LINK

nathan_mills :

Check this link and remove the printhead. Clean it. Then put it back. Check if the problem stays or not

nathan_mills :

If your problem is solved then please do rate the chat POSITIVELY. Or else reply for further assistance.

Customer:

Hello Nathan.I have cleaned the printhead and put in new cartidges but now i can only get a faded print picture,and the lines will not print at all.Thank You.Alan Cooke