Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

phone lights up but wont switch on. Will not reach the stage

phone lights up but wont switch on. Will not reach the stage where I should put the pin number in.Phone is a Samsung galaxy gt-S7500. What should I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

This problem sounds like a corrupted software, but sometimes the same issue can be caused by hardware issue (defective device). You already tried soft reset procedure (removing battery), so the next troubleshooting step will be force reset. Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume UP, Volume DOWN, Home and Power button at the same time.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "reboot system now". Confirm using Home button.

If that doesn't help, the next troubleshooting step will be to perform hard/factory reset. Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset".
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset". Confirm using Home button.
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data". Confirm using Home button.
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now". Confirm using Home button.
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None of these solutions worked for me. Please let know if there is anything else I can do?

Hi Padraig,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to be sure, did you enter the "Recovery mode" using the solutions above?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd,

Where do I find the recovery "Recovery mode"?

Thank you for your reply Padraig.

When you press and hold buttons I have provide you with (Volume UP, Volume DOWN, Home and Power button) you should enter the Recovery mode.

If not, please try these button combinations and let me know what happens.

1. Volume UP, Home and Power at the same time
2. Home and Power button at the same time

Be sure to remove and replace battery before testing each combination.

Please keep me updated. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Todd
Padraig,

Please check the picture below to see how the Recovery mode looks like -
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd

I have been in the "Recovery mode" several times. Any other suggestions?

Thank you Padraig.

Just to confirm, did you perform "Wipe data/factory reset"?

Is there the same issue after factory reset?

When did you purchase your phone?

Thank you for positive rating.

Best Regards,
Todd