Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Panasonic SC-HT17 Home Theater Audio System. When

I have a Panasonic SC-HT17 Home Theater Audio System. When I turn the ubit on F76 flashes on the unit for 2 seconds before the unit switches off. I have checked the wiring from each speaker back to the subwoofer and can find no short circuits
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

Try disconnecting the system from the power supply, then remove and re-connect all of the wires to the system again. Wait for 1 hour before plugging the system back into the power supply, while at the same time pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds while the system starts up. This should reset the processor and hopefully allow the system to operate normally again.

Let me know if the error is now gone, or if it appears immediately, or after a while.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX what you suggested. I'll let you know what happens when I reconnect the power.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I'll be available 7 days a week should you need further assistance.
Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, that didn't work.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Ok, Let me know if the error appears immediately, or after a while?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It comes on, there's a humming sound then it goes off in less than 2 seconds

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Ok, then unfortunately it is likely that the system has a faulty electronic component -

If you have some experience in electronic repair, then you can open up the subwoofer and test the output transistors for shorts. If any are shorted out, then replace them. Also inspect the large filter capacitors in the power supply section of the board for any bulges or leaks, as this is a sure sign that they are shorted out and will result in this error.

Also ensure that at the power output transistors, that the positive and negative output jacks to the speakers are not shorted. If you find any "zero" ohms of resistance between them, you'll need to replace that output by fitting a replacement transistor.

If you are unable to carry out the repairs yourself, then you will need to return the system to a Panasonic Service Centre:
http://www.panasonic.com/uk/support.html

If I can be of any further assistance, just let me know at any time, even after rating my service today. :)

Best,

Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not able to carry out my own electronic repairs so it looks as if it will have to be a local repairer. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Martin,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?

Let me know,

Pete.