Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

HI, I HAD DONE A SOFTWARE UPDATE ON MY S3 AND WHEN IT REBOOTED

Customer Question

HI, I HAD DONE A SOFTWARE UPDATE ON MY S3 AND WHEN IT REBOOTED ITS BEEN STUCK ON THE SAMSUNG SCREEN FOR SO MANY HOURS.. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO..
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 3 years ago.

nathan_mills :

Hello.

nathan_mills :

Welcome to justanswer.

nathan_mills :

Have you tried the hard reset.

nathan_mills :

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Remove the battery.

1. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.

1. Hold down the Volume Down button then press the Power button. Hold them both until you see the Samsung logo, then release the power button but keep holding the volume down button.

1. You will be presented with the service menu (two icons)

1. Choose the one on the left (the one that is not the Downloading..." option) by highlighting it with the volume down button, then pressing the power button to select it.

1. Now you will see the Recovery Menu

1. Use the volume down button to choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset

1. Press the Power button to select the option

1. Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device. If it doesnt reboot, but stays in the recovery menu after the reset, choose reboot system now.
nathan_mills :

This will erase the data saved on phone memory. But the content saved on your memory card will not be lost.s long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account (as long as they were synced previously). Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Play Store, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps"

nathan_mills :

Please rate the solution positively. If the issue is still there please revert back.

nathan_mills :

Cheers. Regards Nathan.

JACUSTOMER-88wqz7on- :

Hi I did the factory reset but hasn't worked.. its still stuck on the samsung screen.

JACUSTOMER-88wqz7on- :

I haven't tried the hard reset.. what is that?

nathan_mills :

This will reset your settings.

nathan_mills :

Try it.

nathan_mills :

And if there are any software related issue other than firmware, that will be removed by hard reset.

nathan_mills :

Please rate the chat Positively if your problem is solved or revert back for further assistance.