KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

My sonykd28Dx51 tv. Takes over 30 mins for for picture and

Customer Question

My sonykd28Dx51 tv. Takes over 30 mins for for picture and sound to appear. The light on front flashes green and red until on then green stays on when picture appears.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me how old is this TV

KevinWhiteJA :

and does it flash continuously or in a sequence ?

Customer: 7years old. Green. Then red. Green for longer then red. Until picture on
KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

can you count number of flashes

Customer: Depends. If switching on when of all day or for a very short time .comes on after few minutes if only of for a few mins
KevinWhiteJA :

ok

Customer: just switched of then on . Stayed on green to start then 5 green followed by red flash then green only took about 3 mins when warm
KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

so the red will flash once and then green 5 times then red once and so on till it turns on ...is that right ?

Customer: I think so but have not checked when switching on after being of all day when it takes at least 30 mins
KevinWhiteJA :

and after these 30 minutes it will work absolutely fine ?

Customer: Yes
KevinWhiteJA :

OK thanks...it seems the problem is with the main board of the unit...how good are your DIY skills ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you take the back off the unit to check few parts ?

Customer: I could but need to check for screw driver . And difficult at present. .is it possible to get back tomorrow am when I have back of and Cold tv
KevinWhiteJA :

Sure no problem....you can leave it unplugged till tomorrow and then when you turn it on...count the exact number of blinks the standby light is flashing so that I can tell you the problem...

Customer: Ok will I be able to log on again without paying again
KevinWhiteJA :

Yes...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer: I will answer good . And excellent if fixed tomorrow .i will try about 9
KevinWhiteJA :

Sure..have a good evening

Customer: When switched on green followed by five red flashes then green for about 3 seconds then repeats for about half an hour . a problem getting back of TV.
KevinWhiteJA :

so 5 red flashes...right ?

Customer: Yes
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, 5 red flashes indicate Video out (IC 7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive IC309 is faulty which is located on the A board...you will have to get it checked by a repair engineer

KevinWhiteJA :

The problem can be with either or all of these parts

Customer: Ok is it likely to be expensive . I may get new tv.
KevinWhiteJA :

will cost you around £120 or may be more depending on the parts that will require replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer: No thank you . I will put excellent
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience: Working since 15 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excellent
Thank You :) Have a great day