Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi I have a UE 40EH6030k model. I was playing my ps3 when the

Hi I have a UE 40EH6030k model. I was playing my ps3 when the TV power went off. I switched on but there is no picture or sound. The red light is on though. Please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Do you get light or any thing in TV screen?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No light on the TV screen.

About a year old. The problem happen two hours ago.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

Though it is mentioned yet I would ask, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Also, do you have voltmeter and can take volts reading inside TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not 10mins

I dont have a Voltmeter.

I will try to unplug for 10min.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK Pravesh, please post back the results.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Sir.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Its not working.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear that.

- Does TV turn On and Off when push power button on TV or its remote?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, so how did you switch it On when it went off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

First I notice that the red light on the TV panel was off. So I check the plug, unplug it and plug it back on the main.Then red light reappear but there are no response when use the TV switch or remote to get it on.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Pravesh for detailed reply that helped a lot to understand the situation.

There are two possible circuit board that can cause these symptoms in TV, its either power supply board or main processor board and we need voltmeter to check output volts of power supply board to determine is it defective to swap it or power board is providing required volts and main processor board is defective to get it replaced.

Now if you could get voltmeter and measure output volts on connectors of power board if you wish to repair TV personally or local TV repairman will do this for you, you may please search/ google the required circuit board with the part number written on the board found in TV to get price and stock info and to order it.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix available for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure in TV that needs bad circuit board replacement to get resolved.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hope changing the board wont be costly

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

If you could get me part numbers off of both boards in TV then I'll be able to find its prices.
Usually each board would cost around 60 to 90 Pounds.