Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

Hi, we own a panasonic TV TXL42ET5B and hard drive blu ray

Hi, we own a panasonic TV TXL42ET5B and hard drive blu ray disc player / HDD recorder DMR-PWT420 and theatre sound system SU-HTB550. We moved the TV cabinet to clean behind it, since when the HDD recorder doesn't seem to work and the theatre sound system continually flashes on 1AUX. When we initially set up the system we thought that we had done it correctly -now we a are doubting ourselves. We have tried to find a wiring diagram to link all pieces of equipment - unsucessfully. Also on the blu ray player there is continually a clock symbol we can't find out how to remove this. can you help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

I'll help you completely restructure the setup but first I need to know what type of cable you were using to connect the Bluray, Receiver, and TV together. I checked all three devices and they all use HDMI so that would be the ideal cable to use.

The way I would connect this would be a HDMI cable running from the Bluray Player to the HDMI Input on the Receiver. Next, connect the HDMI Output from the Receiver to the HDMI 1 Input on the TV. Once connected, select HDMI 1 from the input list on the TV so that it is able to receive the signal from the Receiver. On the Receiver select the HDMI input that you connected the Bluray player too. Everything should be working at this point.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Panasonic have a system called ARC and they tell you to connect to HDMI2 which has got ARC next to it, currently the TV aerial connects to the blu ray player/ HDD recorder the HDMI AV out connection goes to the HDMI 1 BD/DVD AV input on the theatre sound and the AV out TV(ARC) connection then goes to the HDMI2 (ARC) on the TV.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Ok, didn't know you were using Arc but that setup is the same as the one I provided so the connections should be fine. Be sure to disconnect the power to the entire system after the installation is completed then power on the devices. Be sure that you are selecting the correct inputs on the devices so they are receiving the correct signals.