Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My TV works perfectly for several hours then screen goes black

My TV works perfectly for several hours then screen goes black and on again after a few seconds. This can continue for some time then screen stays black for longer periods. Throughout this time the sound is normal. The green running light sometimes flashes and the sound goes off also.

Normally the TV is on Sky but the same thing happens when switched to a different input on digital satellite freeview also. I have changed HDML leads and tried scart leads with same outcome.

Would appreciate any info you can give me and if necessary where can I have TV repaired in Stirling/ Perth region.

Many thanks,
[email protected]
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get the model number written on back of TV?
- Also, how old is it and when did the problem start?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TX-L32U10BA

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for model info..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Approx. 5 years

Problem started last week

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

It seems power supply board problem and most likely due to defective capacitors or dry solder joints or devalued resistors on power supply board can be cause of this problem. Replacement of power supply board would hopefully resolve this issue.

This kind of problem should be done by handy person to avoid any damage, you can expect $200 to $250 repair cost on this problem from local TV repair shop.

Question shows you are in UK but asking for TV repair shops in Stirling/ Perth region which is confusing me, can you please confirm your country name to search TV repair shops?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in the UK, Stirling and Perth are in Scotland and want to have TV repaired locally. I was hoping that you would be able to advise me of one.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Please check following links for that area to get TV repaired.

http://www.ancrumelectronics.com/contact_us.htm

http://www.perthelectrical.co.uk/tv-repairs/

http://tvengineersandrepairs.co.uk/scotland/lcd-plasma-tv-repairs-stirling-central-tv-video-repair/

Hope these info will help to make decision about this TV repair. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.