Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

How do I answer an incoming telephone call on my HUAWEI Ascend

Customer Question

How do I answer an incoming telephone call on my HUAWEI Ascend Y300? All my calls seem to end up in voicemail and I don't get through to the caller.
Many thanks.
Douglas.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Who is your cell phone provider?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Talk mobile

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Looks like that all your calls are automatically forwarded to voicemail. Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue.

On your phone type #21# XXXXX tap OK/CALL.

Also, type #61# XXXXX #67# XXXXX tap OK/CALL.

If that doesn't work, please try this procedure on your phone:
1. On the home screen, touch Settings (gear icon) and then the All tab.
2. In the Apps section, touch Call.
3. Touch Call forwarding.
4. Touch Disable to turn on call forwarding.

Please try both solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Todd I've had no success with the above suggestions and must ring off now as I have to go out. Sorry we have not been successful.

Douglas.

Douglas,

If none of the previous works (suggestion to disable forwarded calls) there is no issue on your phone but cell phone provider. You will have to contact Talk mobile customer service at 0870(NNN) NNN-NNNNusing your landline or 2883 using your cell phone. Just inform their representative that your call are directly forwarded to your voicemail and ask to disable that feature.

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a issue that is related to cell phone provider.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button (just reply "Please refund my deposit") and I'll connect you with our refund office (your deposit will be refunded).

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not sure whether your suggestions solved the problem but I've found that if I move the incoming call icon rapidly to the right then I get connected to the caller.

Hey Douglas,

I'm glad that your issue is resolved.

"Forwarding calls" feature was turned on. So, when you reject incoming call (if you drag the phone icon to the left) all calls will be automatically diverted to your voicemail. I have provided you with the codes and manual instruction how to remove it.

Remember: codes *#21#, *#61# XXXXX *#67# XXXXX forward all your call to the voicemail.

To divert calls instantly without having to ring - *#21#

To divert unanswered calls (rings for 21 seconds) - *#61#

To divert calls whenever your line is engaged - *#67#

To cancel all forwarding - #21#, #61# XXXXX #67#.

After removing the "forward calls" feature, all you need to do is to answer call dragging the phone icon to the right (check the picture below).

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

Kind Regards,

Todd

Hi Douglas,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please let me know. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

Regards,
Todd