Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a fairly updated Samsung LED TV purchased in Hong Kong

I have a fairly updated Samsung LED TV purchased in Hong Kong in 2011. Not sure of the exact model but perhaps (from the order) the reference UA37D50000PJXZK is informative. I have just tried to connect it to free TV in the UK (using air not cable, but cable does not work either) by using the automated tuning function (selected digital plus analogue option). The automated tuning ran OK and completed 100% but after that I could receive nothing when selecting TV as source (or using any other source). Message on screen read "weak or no signal". I checked the connection using a neighbors TV and the connection is fine so the problem is with the TV.

Can I use this Samsung TV in the UK ? If so how to set it up?

Thanks very much for your help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
It seems this TV doesn't have digital tuner to receive DTV transmission that is why you wont get air channels on ti in UK.

Alternate way is to use set-top box with this TV, connect air antenna in set-top box which will receive air broadcasting signals and send to TV through its AV output.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zinwell-ZAT-970A-Digital-Converter-Antenna/dp/B001DVZXC0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394242417&sr=8-4&keywords=DTV+to+analog+TV+converter+box

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!