Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Please tell me how to adjust the width of my screen VieraTH

Customer Question

Please tell me how to adjust the width of my screen VieraTH 42Px70EA it's not the aspect it just does not show either side and faces look too wide. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- What video devices (cable box, DVD etc) are connected to this TV and do you get same over size picture regardless of what video source is being played on TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pictre remains over size whatever use is made of screen. On my computer screen there are controls on the bottom edge which adjust the screen display
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bob,

I need to know what video sources are hooked to TH-42Px70EA TV for picture and sound, for example, cable box for TV channels, a DVD or Bluray player?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Set top box for on line T V
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, does set-top box remote has any button that says Aspect, Zoom, Size, Wide, Format etc?
If yes, press it a few times and check, does picture size change in TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, can you please connect DVD player to TV and playback a disc for picture size check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Makes no difference
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the test, did you buy this TH-42Px70EA TV in US or brought from different country?

TH 42Px70EA model number doesn't seem US model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bought in Spain
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, do you see any option in TV menu to select NTSC color system?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

One more question, is set top box or DVD connected in HDMI input of TV or regular AV input (yellow-red-white) jacks?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not agreed to pay since my problem still exists and I certainly do not wish for monthly help . So kindly arrange for my money to be retuned to me until you solve my problem , thenI agree to make one payment of 30 dollars.The connection is HDMI
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bob,

Please send an email to customer service atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX for any billing issue as they handle it and I'm just a TV tech here to answer TV questions.