Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

GFSAT101SD SD digital box,80% signal runs for a few minutes

GFSAT101SD SD digital box,80% signal runs for a few minutes screen goes blank sound ok.purchased from Maplins today, the aerial and scarf connections 0k. any easy remedy?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

The Tuner on the Goodman's Freesat is failing for some reason. If you just bought it, I would exchange it for another one in a hurry! You should be in business after that.

I hope this helps. Please be sure to click on one of the Smiley Faces below then press submit. If you run into any problems or errors doing so, use the back button to return to this page and reply back to me letting me know.

Thanks,
Carl
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could the TV be at fault in any way?

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
The Tuner is in the Freesat so if everything else that connects to the TV then I would say that the TV is fine.

You can try using different Video / Audio Cables going from the Freesat to the TV but if that doesn't work, it leaves the Freesat to being at fault.