Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my Galaxy4i-phone mimi seems to be overheating.its very warm

my Galaxy4i-phone mimi seems to be overheating.its very warm after a 20min charge and screen is off.what do i do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Does this happen with a different cable or charger as well?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its the first time its happened,using phone charger only..Phone bought last november.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Can you try a different charger for me to see if the same thing happens please? Or did you mean you already have and only that one does this?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is only charger that comes with phone.have just checked phone and it has cooled down but wont now come on.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok before we continue any further I want to make sure you are aware it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok I need you to test with a different charger to see if it still gets hot, that way we will know if the charger is causing it or not. If you have a friend, neighbour, or family member with an android phone/tablet you could borrow theirs for a few minutes just to see if the same thing happens.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i use the same charger for my tablet,but will try another one anyway

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You did not mention that before we may be able to rule that out then, does the tablet get hot as well?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that rules out the charger, cable, and outlet all at once since the tablet is working properly which is good as we would have had to test each individually. Which unfortunately though means the battery itself has failed and needs to be replaced. Failing batteries in this model have a tendency to over charge which is why it got hot. I know this is not what you want to here but I want to make sure I am honest with the information I provide you. Any store that sells these should be able to get you one. Otherwise you can get one from here: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for all you help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.