Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have a Samsung GT-E1150i and despite everything I do I cannot

I have a Samsung GT-E1150i and despite everything I do I cannot shift from numeric and predictive text to standard alphabet. I am at screaming point. It will not respond to the simple instruction of pressing and holding the asterisk. Help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

To turn off predictive text (on your phone known as "T9") you have to press and hold # XXXXX, not asterisk. That will allow you to change between ABC and T9 mode.

For standard alphabet select ABC mode. T9 is predictive text.

Let me know if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I made a mistake when posting the question. I have been pressing and holding the # XXXXX but it will not work.

Hi William,

Thank you for your reply.

If holding # XXXXX doesn't help, please press and hold * to change input mode. Select ABC, abc or Abc input mode (avoid input mode T9 ABC and all other combinations with T9).

Let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK here is the picture - I select messages/create message/ press either # XXXXX * and I get a P. If I then try to type a text I only get numerals. No matter what I do I only end up with numerals

That's strange.

So, when you open create message box and press and hold * there is no option (pop-up) to select input mode? (input modes are: ABC, abc, T9 ABC, 123 etc.)

Do you have "options" in the left down corner?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I have now got it to respond and have just managed to send a text. I will try again later and see if the system has saved. Meanwhile, thankyou. Suicide has temporarily been averted!

You're welcome William. I'm glad that I could help.

You need to hold * until you get prompted with the menu/pop-up (usually 5-10 second). Check the picture below:

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more help.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fine. I'll leave it for tonight and try again in the morning. Hopefully all will be well and I will complete the rating for you then. Many thanks. G'night.

No problem William. Take your time.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any difficulties.

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,

Todd

Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.