Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

my samsung galaxy s3 is not coming on it is out need a fix

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your phone can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please perform the steps below to reset your phone:
1. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
2. Wait 5 minutes
3. Replace SIM card and battery
3. Press and hold Power button for 20 seconds.

If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Press and hold the Volume UP and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your phone.

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the phone into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the phone to reboot.

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still no screen still out .....

Hi Floyd,

Thank you for your reply.

If none of the previous solutions works, please try the next troubleshooting steps.

Try to enter download mode on your phone. Press and Hold Volume Down and Power button at the same time until Samsung logo appears. If this procedure works your phone you will be prompted with message "Downloading... do no turn off target", immediately remove back cover and battery, wait 2 minutes and try to turn your phone on again.

If that doesn't help the next troubleshooting step will be to perform hard reset.

Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button at the same time until Samsung logo appears.

If there is any sign of life, continue to the next step.

3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Please keep me updated. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done the factory/hard reset hours ago and still this did not help

Floyd,

If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).

Bad news is that your phone is defective. I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, hard reset). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

Good news is that if your phone is still under warranty you will receive a new phone for free. You have to contact your seller or Samsung warranty support service at 0845 MSAMSUNG (6726786) to arrange replacement or repair.

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue on your phone that can't be resolved online.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This was working for almost a year as a gift...I can hear it see it now and then now u say it is defective???? not sure I get this so in short the samsungs phone are a bad investment....thanks a lot......

You're welcome Floyd.

Sorry one more time for the bad news and sorry because I did not solve your problem. I gave my best to find a solution, but unfortunately there is no online solution for this kind of issue.

All Samsung phones are covered with 1-year warranty.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Best Regards,

Todd