Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a panasonic workio 3010 that has been given to me.

Customer Question

I have a panasonic workio 3010 that has been given to me. I am not able to get it to scan - it says scanner option not installed. I also cannot get it to print from my PC - my PC does not find it. Is this because I have set it up wrong - wrong cables?? I need someone to talk me through this!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hi there, I am Michelle, and i am a licensed printer professional, i see you are asking about panasonic workio 3010, i think i can help you. I have an overall 9 years of experience in this area and have helped hundreds of customers in fixing there problems.

michelleclive :

Please tell me how is the printer connected to the pc

michelleclive :

what is the operating system you have on the computer running.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Hi Michelle, I have now found a usb cable so have connected it to the PC that way and have now had a message saying no drivers available - I ran the troubleshooter and it tried to find solutions online but still no driver.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

I did find one site where I could download the windows 7 driver but it doesnt seem to have worked at all

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

and when I press Scan it still says option not installed :-(

michelleclive :

Just to let you know the this copier is compatible max with window xp and its not compatible with windows 7 that is why you do not get the option to print or scan.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

I thought I could download a driver to make it compatible with windows 7

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

There is one on the panasonic site. But it is a beta version

michelleclive :

on the official pansonic website there is no driver beyond xp so you cannot install or download from any 3rd party website as they could be faking on the driver download and will ask you to pay for the download.

michelleclive :

If the manfacturer has not created a driver for the latest operating system then no other 3rd party souce can create one as it will be illegal.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Oh no - i have this massive beast in the office now and cant do anything with it :-( Is there no way of getting this to talk to windows 7

michelleclive :

but you can still use the copier on windows 7 there is a work around i know and make the copier work on windows 7

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

What so it will scan and print? I am all ears lol

michelleclive :

yes it will.

michelleclive :

for that you will have to download and install virtual xp mode workstation and install it on windows 7

michelleclive :

when you run it it will open up as a software xp and when you launch it it will be as a software like others like ms office or your email, there will be a windows which will say loading xp pro

michelleclive :

once loaded you will see same screen like xp and then you can download and install the panasonic copier

michelleclive :

the virtual xp mode download is free of cost from microsoft.

michelleclive :

i will give you the link to download

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Excellent - will I have to drag and drop files etc from Xp to windows 7 or will it all interlink

michelleclive :

click on the link and download xp mode

michelleclive :

after you download and install xp mode then you launch it.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

I am being given 2 options to download - does it matter which I choose?

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

WindowsXPMode_N_en-us.exe

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe

michelleclive :

yes

michelleclive :

once the installation is completed launch xp mode and then open default IE broswer

michelleclive :

on that browser open this link: http://panasonic.net/pcc/support/mfp/dp-3010/ps/download.html#02-1

michelleclive :

download and install the driver it will be installed in xp mode virtual pc

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

sorry - which one of thse do I select to download WindowsXPMode_N_en-us.exe WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe

michelleclive :

select WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Thank you - I will download it now.

michelleclive :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if the solution has not worked please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help with more troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

I will - as soon as I have managed to do all the steps you have set me :-)

michelleclive :

if you find any problem in following the steps let me know.

michelleclive :

till the time please dont rate my answer.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Hi - i have downloaded it but where is it for me to open it?

michelleclive :

look for the location of the file you have downloaded and then install it.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Hi - I dont know if you can still see my questions, but basically I tried everything you suggested and the links you sent me to windows xp didnt work so I went to the windows wesbite and found the virtual xp download and downloaded it - so now I have the virtual xp window. I then went to the link you sent me to download the driver and downloaded it in the xp window - it finished downloading I assume but gave me no box to confirm that? And I have tried to find the printer using the ADD PRINTER option in windows XP but it wont locate it. So I am still stuck - if you can help that would be great

michelleclive :

were you able to install xp mode?

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Yes that worked eventually :-)

michelleclive :

and when you try to install teh driver in the xp screen what happens.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

The link you sent me was to a page - and I had to select from that page, but I wasnt sure what to select so I went for the option Adobe PostScript Printer Driver for Windows with installer and then I had to unzip some files and that was as far as I got??

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

nothing else happened

michelleclive :

if you want i can remote access and install the fix for you however

michelleclive :

remote access tool has an additional cost apart from the fee you already paid for the service.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

What is the additional fee

michelleclive :

additional cost why, because expert will be delicately work with your issue only and will not answer other customers query.

michelleclive :

its $25 in additional and if the issue is not resolved there is no charge.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Ok yes I would like to go ahead.

michelleclive :

is this the same computer where you want the copier to be installed.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Yes

michelleclive :

Click the Link above

1) Click Join
2) Click Run/OK/Yes/Allow if asked
3)Click Allow /Run/Ok if asked by Anti Virus
4)Let me know any issues

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

I seem to be stuck on the 'Joining Your Session' window Does it usually take a while?

michelleclive :

allow your antivirus program to load the elsinore program

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

How do I do that - it didnt come up with any warning?

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

I am trying a different method

michelleclive :

let me give you a new link

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

I am sorry but nothing happens after I allow it to run. I am in the Uk does that make any difference

michelleclive :

no

michelleclive :

lets try this

michelleclive :

once you get teamviewer loaded give me the 9 digit code and 4 digit password.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Phew that worked:

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

465 507 622

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

5012

michelleclive :

ok

michelleclive :

i am connected now

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Tahnks

michelleclive :

let me take the mouse control now

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Ok go for it

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

i have page 70 opened - I am a bit lost as to what i do

michelleclive :

if there is a logical possiility then definately it will run the scan from the computer and save it and if the printer is not designed for scan purpose to work with computer then it will not be possible.
i hope you understand
i will study the design today and will get back to you tomorrow.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Hi - I just wondered if you had any joy today looking at the scanner situation?

michelleclive :

i have not yet found the actual technical data of the copier give me a day i will get back to you.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Thank you :-)

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Hi I have just read online that the scanner has to have been installed in the printer - so I undid the back panel and took a photo = apparantly the Hardware Key has to be placed in CN67, CN68 or CN69 - looking at this picture that doesnt appear to be installed. So could that be the problem after all this time?

SC PC board
Full Size Image

michelleclive :

open the manual and check the scan section page number 7 onwards.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

Hi sorry for the delayed reply I had a few days off. Unfortunately this does not help. It is just an overview of what the scanning functions are t does not tell me how to set up the scanner to scan. Did you see my earlier message with the photo of the back of the machine? Do you thnk I have a scanner option installd?

michelleclive :

i will open this question to other experts as i am out of ideas.

JACUSTOMER-keg8ohfc- :

ok thanks for all your help I think I am going to give up as I am also out of ideas.