Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

i have a panasonic dmp bdt230 multi region blu ray player,

Customer Question

i have a panasonic dmp bdt230 multi region blu ray player, which should play any disc on any tv in the world , my tv system is pal , and the player is advertised as switchable between pal/ntsc formats, but my mennue option does not seem to support this, how do i get over this? i live in the uk but purchased the player from canada can you help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you. Please note that I'm not affiliated with Panasonic and will provide you info about bluray player in question.

Panasonic Bluray player sold in Canada would not have PAL system, this option is for players sold by Panasonic in UK and Asia regions.
USA and Canada players would have only one color system as per their standard which is NTSC that is why you do not see PAL as an option where as same model sold in UK and Asia would have PAL and NTSC color systems as per advertisement you are referring here.
I'm sorry, it is product region conflict, Panasonic and other manufacturers made things according to regions they sale for like AC Supply is different in both countries, color transmission signal standard is different. I'm sorry there is no other way around to resolve this issue except to return the player to store where it was bought, if possible and buy same model player from UK store that would have PAL and NTSC systems.

I know you may not like to know these info but its the facts and I have no way to change it. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!