*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

How do I remove a pioneer KEX 800, I have the two keys

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.

My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
The keys are made to release the radio from a metal housing that the radio is latched into. Insert one key in each side in a slot near the middle and push almost all the way in. You will feel the keys lock into the latch release, then pull out with the key handles.

I added some images for you. When you l feel the keys lock into the latch release, then pull out with the key handles. I also have diagrams for removing the vehicles face plates and trim if you need these let me know the year, model and make of the vehicle please.

.

Please let me know if this does not work and we will continue troubleshooting this issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your pics are not a Pioneer KEX 800 which has a removable front piece/tuner panel for security. The keys are different too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do i need to remove the thin plastic surround strip first?

yes, you will need to remove the thin trim piece. The trim snaps in and out. You can use a flat plastic tool to remove this. If you use a flat blade screwdriver be careful not to scratch the plastic.
The round keys work similar to the flat keys, you insert them until you feel the latch then pull out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I will go back to the garage and try that..

okay, I will be here let me know if you need anything.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Removing a Pioneer KEX 800 is not a diy job. The plastic surround strip is clipped and screwed to the radio carrier housing. Even after removing the strip it is impossible to see where to insert the two metal keys. I have reassembled and will take to a radio fitter.

The Pioneer radio does not have any screws in its housing. The screws are on your vehicles trim plate. I was thinking you were at the radios key slots already. I will be glad to get you the instructions for the vehicle trim removal.

Unfortunately, the rating you gave goes on my personal record and affects my customer service score and my job. . . I am doing my very best to help you. I would appreciate not getting a negative review as this reflects my service to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I can remove the trim panel screws with a small philips driver. Exactly where do I insert the keys to unlock the radio from the housing?

Follow these steps>>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's not my radio. The keys are different and there is no detach button.

okay, those are the general instructions for a pioneer with the detachable face plate. Everything should be the same except the holes on the KEX 800 are round.