KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

I have a Samsung 40" LCD Tv Model No: UE40B6000VWXXU and for

I have a Samsung 40" LCD Tv Model No: UE40B6000VWXXU and for the past couple of years now the sound keeps losing stereo...the audio goes tinny. To get it back to normal you have to increase the volume sometimes up to max until the audio comes back, then you have to reduce the volume back quickly to a reasonable listening level....this can happen 3-9 times a week now.
The firmware is up to date. Any suggestions as to what the problem is? Defective Audio card?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have already checked the volume with DVD player or cable box and if you have already tried using a RCA component cable or vice versa then the problem is due to bad Audio IC or bad speakers/speaker connection.

Customer:

Is this something TV repair shop can rectify cheaply enough?

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

Approximately 5 years...besides the audio problem I like the TV

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you already tried to reset the audio by following these steps

KevinWhiteJA :

If yes then the cost of repair will be around £115

Customer:

I haven't tried the factory reset...I will give it a go and if that doesn't work take it to a TV repair Co...thank you for your advice.

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

No thank you..I appreciate the additional advice re: this issue for the future. So basically if the factory reset doesn't work someone wilk need to take it apart to check the speaker connections etc..?

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome and yes that is correct ....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

Customer:

Its not letting me rate you as its saying your still in chat

KevinWhiteJA :

Oh ok ... I will exit so that you can rate me :) Thanks