Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How to connect a SC-HTB20 sound bar to a Toshiba TV without

Customer Question

How to connect a SC-HTB20 sound bar to a Toshiba TV without a HDMI(ARC AND optical out sockets
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number off of Toshiba TV to find out connection setup?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Toshiba 26C3030

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for mode info.
Get back to you in an hour.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

I'm having hard time to find related manual for this TV, does this TV have Audio Out RCA jacks if it doesn't have optical out port for sound system connection?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it has audio out jacks

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK Don, get back to you with the answer in few minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Don,

Thanks for giving me time, there is a device calls "Analog to Digital Audio Converter" that we need to make audio connection with this TV.

Plug Audio Out from TV into RCA jacks of Analog to Digital Audio Converter box and connect Optical cable in its output and connect it in optical input of sound system to get sound from TV.

Please check following link to view price and image of Analog to Digital Audio Converter device to order it...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Optical-Coaxial-Toslink-Converter/dp/B00B5TP7VC/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396044000&sr=1-2&keywords=RCA+to+Digital+S%2FPDIF+or+Toslink+Adapter

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.