Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

Stanley ear protectors/radio fault, why does av or au show

Customer Question

Stanley ear protectors/radio fault, why does av or au show on display & nothing else works
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

There are a few different models of Stanley Ear Protectors; Do you know the Part # XXXXX the ones you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry no

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gary,

If you look on the Ear Protectors, it should have the model number written on them somewhere.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only number is XXXXX 04 c2 0864.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Can you upload a picture of them so I can compare models visually? Without knowing the model, it's hard to diagnose the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

carl, Sorry taken photo can't work out how upload it yet, new pc, i'll keep tring, gary.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
If you can get the photo onto the computer, you can upload it to www.wikisend.com then paste the download link here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/440694/P4040014.JPG

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me a while but I was able to locate the model # XXXXX is RST-63012. Problem is that I can't locate the information I need about this model. What I want you to do is replace the batteries with new ones and see if you get it to respond to anything. Let me know the outcome.

Thanks,
Carl
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi carl, tried new batteries, still comes up ( au or av ),

thanks, Gary.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
When you say AU or AV, are there two different things coming up on the screen or are you not able to make out whether it's AU or AV? If you plug in something to it say a MP3 player, can you hear audio from it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi carl, I've pluged mp3 in & that works, but will not convert back to radio.

thanks, Gary.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you Gary.

Which button did you press in the past to change inputs? If the same button that worked before no longer works now, there maybe a contact issue whereas the button switch would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi carl, thanks for your help, i'll see if I can get it changed, Gary.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Gary.