*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

How do I get incoming caller Id to work

How do I get incoming caller I'd to work
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will need the brand name and model number of your phones please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bt7610 is the new system I have installed
Okay, thank you.

Caller Display is a network service available from your telephone line provider. You need to subscribe to a Caller Display service in order for the Caller Display feature to work on your phone and a fee is normally payable. If you are a BT customer and have BT Privacy, Caller Display is £1.75 a month. For more information on BT’s Caller Display service, call BT free on 0800 800 150.

If you have subscribed to a Caller Display service and Caller Display is not working, try the following:

• If you are using your phone on a broadband line make sure you fit an ADSL microfilter between the telephone line cord and the telephone socket. Microfilters can be purchased from www.bt.com/shop and most computer shops.

Microfilters

• If the telephone line cord is not connected to your telephone master socket, try it in this socket (this is usually the socket nearest your front door). If you can now make/receive calls then the phone works but there may be a problem with your internal wiring between your telephone sockets.

Socket type