Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

PIONEER PDP-427XD wont retain freeview and keeps going to

Customer Question

PIONEER PDP-427XD won't retain freeview and keeps going to installation when powdered up from standby or main power. It tunes in and all works fine until you power off and then the installation loop starts over again. This happened about 7th march 2014 after a freeview update
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is Carl and I will be assisting you today.

Sounds like the update contained a bug that isn't marking the installation as 'Completed'. This isn't common though and the first I've seen from Pioneer. When you say that you performed a Factory Reset, did you do this is the general Menu Settings or did you access the Service Menu and perform a Reset / Initialization of the Main Board?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just used the standard user menu as I don't personaly know of any other way. What other way is there to reset the TV?

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi Andrew,

The reset option in the consumer assessible menu settings just resets the basic settings. When the hidden Service Menu is accessed by a technician, the option to reset the entire system becomes available. To access the Service Menu one must have the remote code sequence.

I can't promise you that a full reset will fix this problem as it's now in the firmware but a full reset is your strongest chance of repair. If a full reset doesn't fix the problem, the firmware will have to be downgraded and only a technician can do this.

Do you have the original remote that came with the TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I do have the original remote.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay Andrew, I'm just getting back into the Home Office.

Turn the TV off into Standby Mode then with the remote press Display / Info, wait 3 seconds, then press Left, Up, Left, Right, then Power. It should enter the Service Menu. If not, try a few more times as timing is everything. Look for the option to Initialize and run it. When finished, unplug the Power Cable, plug it back in, then turn the TV back on.
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see if you still needed any help. If you can spare a few seconds, please select from one of the Smiley Face Ratings above then press submit so that I am compensated for my time helping you.

Carl