*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

hi, my printer says the printhead is missing or uninstalled pls

Customer Question

hi,
my printer says the printhead is missing or uninstalled
pls help me to rectify
ta
rose
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Follow these steps in the order presented until you resolve the issue.

Step one: Remove, clean, and reinstall the printhead

1. Make sure that the product is turned on.
  2. Open the access door.
  3. Remove all the cartridges and place them on a piece of paper with the ink opening pointing up.
    NOTE:Do not leave the cartridge outside of the product longer than 30 minutes. This could result in damage to both the product and the ink cartridges.
    Figure 1: Remove ink cartridges
  4. Lift the latch handle on the print carriage until it stops.
    Figure 2: Lift the latch handle
  5. Remove the printhead by lifting it straight up.
    Figure 3: Remove printhead
  6. Clean the printhead.
    There are three areas of the printhead to clean: the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles, the edge between the nozzles, and the electrical contacts.
    Figure 4: Three areas to clean
    1 - Plastic ramps on the sides of the nozzles
    2 - Edge between nozzles and contacts
    3 - Electrical contacts
    CAUTION:Do not touch the nozzles. Do not touch the electrical contact areas with your fingers. Tough the electrical contact areas only with cleaning materials.
    To clean the printhead, follow these steps:
    Gather cleaning materials:
    Use clean, lint-free cloth or paper. Coffee filters and eye-glass cleaning cloth work well.
    Use distilled or bottled water.
    Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth and wipe the electrical contact area from the bottom to the top. Do not go past the edge between the nozzles and the electrical contacts. Clean until no new ink shows on the cloth.
    Figure 5: Cleaning contacts
    Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris from the edge between the nozzles and the contacts.
    Figure 6: Cleaning edge
    Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe the plastic ramps on both sides of the nozzles. Wipe away from the nozzles.
    Figure 7: Cleaning ramps
    Wipe the previously cleaned areas dry with a dry lint-free cloth before proceeding to the next step.
  7. Clean the electrical contacts inside the product:
    1. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water.
    2. Clean the electrical contacts in the product by wiping with the cloth from top to bottom. Use as many fresh, clean cloths as necessary. Clean until no ink shows on the cloth.
      Figure 8: Clean contacts inside product
    3. Wipe the area dry with a dry lint-free cloth before proceeding to the next step.
  8. Make sure the latch handle is up, and then reinsert the printhead.
    Figure 9: Reinsert the printhead
  9. Carefully lower the latch handle.
    NOTE:Make sure you lower the latch handle before reinserting the ink cartridges. Leaving the latch handle raised can result in incorrectly seated ink cartridges and problems printing. The latch must remain down to correctly install the cartridges.
    Figure 10: Lower the latch handle
  10. Use the colored shaped icons for a guide, and then slide each cartridge into its empty slot until it snaps securely into place.
    Figure 11: Reinsert the cartridges
  11. Close the access door.

Step two: Reset the printer

1. Turn off the product by pressing the on button ( ).
  2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Plug in the power cord to the back of the product.
  5. Turn on the product by pressing the on button ( ).
    NOTE:Ink system failures can cause a carriage stall when the printer resets. If the ink system failure requires that you return the product for service, there is no need to resolve the carriage stall issue.
  • If these steps resolved the issue , there is no need to continue troubleshooting.
  • If the issue persists , see the next step.

Step three: Replace the printhead

If you have completed all the previous steps and are still experiencing a problem, you can replace the printhead. Replacement printhead assemblies are only available from HP Support or authorized service providers. Contact HP for assistance to get a new printhead.
When you have the replacement printhead, click here for detailed instructions to remove the old printhead and install the new one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Randy

the printhead is not being fixed because this Kodak is different to the one you have displayed and since this is the case could you please refund my payment? because it now seems I need a new printer all together...this is all in one printer that I have.

let me know about the payment

thank you

rose

Okay. sorry about that. The info was for an HP. To resolve the error message "Printhead is missing, not installed correctly, or has come loose" (error code(NNN) NNN-NNNN on my ESP or HERO All-in-One Printer.

If you have a 5100, 5300, or 5500 printer, click here to resolve the error.

To resolve the error:

1. Open the printer access door.
    NOTE: For ESP 3250 and ESP 5250 all-in-one printers, if the ink cartridges do not move to the center, see: Printhead and ink cartridges do not move to center with access door open.
  2. If the printhead and ink cartridges are not installed in the printer, install them:
    1. Place the printhead in the carriage.
      Image Image

ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
      ESP Office 6150, 7250, 9250;
      HERO 7.1, 9.1, OFFICE HERO 6.1

ESP 1.2, 3.2, 3.2s, C110, C310, C315,
      ESP Office 2150, 2170;
      HERO 3.1, 5.1

2. Push firmly against the target label of the printhead until you hear a loud snap.
      Image Image

ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
      ESP Office 6150, 7250, 9250;
      HERO 7.1, 9.1, OFFICE HERO 6.1

ESP 1.2, 3.2, 3.2s, C110, C310, C315,
      ESP Office 2150, 2170;
      HERO 3.1, 5.1

3. Install the color and black ink cartridges.

3. If the ink cartridges and printhead are already in the printer, remove them, then reinstall them.
    1. Remove the color and black ink cartridges.
    2. Remove the existing printhead by lifting the latch in the center of the carriage.
      Image Image

ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
      ESP Office 6150, 7250, 9250;
      HERO 7.1, 9.1, OFFICE HERO 6.1

ESP 1.2, 3.2, 3.2s, C110, C310, C315,
      ESP Office 2150, 2170;
      HERO 3.1, 5.1

3. Close the printer access door.
      NOTE: For printers with LCDs, follow the instructions on the LCD screen. If no LCD screen, continue to the next step.
    4. Follow Step 2 above to install the printhead and ink cartridges.

If the error continues, restart the printer and try to print.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Randy,

The printer is 310 a10 and this is not the same picture as the one you have sent me

rose

okay,try this to resolve the error on the 310:
  1. Upgrade your printer firmware to the latest version:
    1. Locate and select the firmware for your printer.
    2. Follow the instructions to install the firmware.
  2. If your printer firmware is already up-to-date:
    1. Press the On/Off button on your printer control panel.
    2. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer.
    3. Wait 10 seconds to allow the printer to reset.
    4. Connect the power cable to the printer.
    5. Turn the printer on by pressing the On/Off button.
  3. If the error continues:
    1. Open the printer access door.
    2. Remove and install the printhead.
    3. Close the printer access door.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the printhead.
      NOTE: If you are not prompted to calibrate the printhead, turn off the printer, wait 10 seconds, then turn on the printer.
  4. If the error continues, contact Kodak.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I would try downloading and see

what about my refund?

thank you

rose

If you wish to rate my answer I will be compensated for my time.The rating you give goes on my personal record and my customer service score. I would appreciate a positive review as this reflects my service to you. Unfortunately this is a hardware failure and can not be fixed online and has to be repaired or replaced. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay. Please remember I did my best to help under the circumstances. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

according to you Randy.. just ask has a 100% satisfaction rate and may I draw your attention to the fact that you knew all along that this is a hardware and could not possibly be fixed online, why didn't you inform me to this effect at the beginning? I did write it down as forwarded to you that the problem is concerning "printhead? therefore on this occasion again I've given you 100% failure

thanks and you could still have my money refunded Randy!

rose

Yes, you can get a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANKS RANDY FOR THE REFUND

ROSE

Your welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BYE FOR NOW