Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a relatively old DMP-E100H DVD Video Recorder which

I have a relatively old DMP-E100H DVD Video Recorder which long ago stopped reading ALL types of disc. I recently bought a new DMRPWT635 thinking I would be able to play my old recorded discs on it, but the only one it was able to read was a DVD+RW. Neither DVD RAM or DVD-R cannot be read. This is a huge disappointment as this was why I bought the new recorder in the first place.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist you today.

What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much more and what type of information

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gary,
I am not sure what your question is.

How can I assist you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

here is my original Question:

Here is the further information I sent:

Already Tried:
I have tried playing each type of recorded disc all done on the DMP-E100H and most and certainly all DVD-RAM's being Panasonic.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gary, I still don't see a question, except a statement that you are disappointed with your new DVD recorder. Therefore, based on that, my advice would be to return it and purchase a replacement.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The question is WHY don't these discs play on the same make of equipment.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gary,

Different models made by the same manufacturer will have different drives installed and different specifications.

According to the owner's manual, the DMR-PWT635 is unable to read DVD-RAM, but it should be able to read DVD-R.

If it does not read DVD-R discs, then either:
1. the disc has a fault or is damaged, or is somehow incompatible, e.g. the format of the content;
2. the reading lens in the recorder needs to be cleaned;
3. the recorder has some other fault.