*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Samsung GT-C3520 mobile --I have lost the ability

I have a Samsung GT-C3520 mobile --I have lost the ability to text and to reply to text, although i can receive them. Every other function on the phone seems to be working. I realised the text were not being sent when I found my last few texts were in the draft or outbox box
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Samsung.
Which cell provider do you use?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My provider is O2

Try this and let me know please> clean your SIM card, turn off your mobile, remove the cover and the battery. Slide out your SIM card and wipe it down with a dry lint free cloth then place it back in your mobile. Replace the battery and cover and turn your mobile back on.
.

Please let me know if this does not work and we will continue troubleshooting this issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive done as youve asked and tried to send a text to a friend it has come up as ERROR and a red exclamation mark and gone to the draft box

Now you will need to make sure your Message Centre Number is XXXXX

The Message Centre Number needs to be +353868002000

Dial *5005*7672*+353868002000# XXXXX press call.

If you have checked the Message Centre Number and are still having issues sending texts you should test your SIM card in another phone.

If you can send texts from another phone this means there is an issue with your own phone. You can send your phone for repair from any O2 Store.

If you can't send texts from another phone there is probably an issue with your SIM card. You can get your SIM replaced for free in any O2 Store.