carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My samsung PS43D450A2W has just failed with no video display.

Customer Question

My samsung PS43D450A2W has just failed with no video display. Is it worth having repaired?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Do you have any flicker of life when you turn the tv?

Do you have any sound?

It is hard to say whether to repair the set or not but It cost anything between £30 and £200 to repair. Many companies charge around £20 to £30 to look at the set and quote for the repair.

Customer:

I have sound.

Customer:

I get a small white circle close to the bottom of the screen when I plug in power but nothing afterv that

carlday1 :

It could be many things that is wrong with it. There is a common problem is what is called the ysus board and if that is faulty you wont get a picture but you will get sound or it could be the power supply that is faulty.

carlday1 :

I can put you in touch with a repairer in your area if that will help

Customer:

Can he give an estimate based on this information?

carlday1 :

It is hard to say many engineers will like to see the set first if I was doing the job I would charge £20 to look at the set and then I would quote if you had the work done then I would not charge £20 to look at it. If the problem is dry joint (bad connection on a circuit board component) I would expect it to cost around £50 if boards need replacing it could be over £100

I am member of a trade forum I will be able to suggest another member who is local to you and would be able to help but I do not know them personally.

Customer:

Thank you for this information. My postcode is GU27 1ND Haslemere, Surrey. If you like to give me a name I will

Customer:

consider it for a while and may contact them later