Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My OKI C711 printer with 2nd tray almost always prints from

My OKI C711 printer with 2nd tray almost always prints from that tray, despite instructing it otherwise from the printer menu. I have installed the latest driver for Mac OS 6.8
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

The printer will default to the second tray if no paper is detected in the first tray.

Try removing the paper from the second tray and let me know if it then prints ok from the first tray, or if it gives an error?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete

When paper is removed from Tray 2 the printer display says there is no paper in Tray 2. If I then print a page, having set Paper Feed to tray 1 rather than Auto Select, it prints as intended.

If I don’t set the paper feed to Tray 1, the printer display tells me to load paper into tray 2, and refuses to co-operate until I cancel the job. I’ve had the printer for well over 2 years, and it is only in the last week or so that it has begun this rebellious behaviour!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete

As I haven’t had a reply to my message sent on 09 April at 09:50 EST, I can’t give you a rating as yet. Any other tactics to try?

Going through the menus on the printer, I note that Tray 1 is the default printer, which it has been since purchase

Maurice

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Maurice,
This is a strange problem, and if it happened suddenly without any apparent cause, then the printer's firmware may have become corrupted.

Next, try updating the firmware on the printer using the OKI firmware update tool:
http://global.okiprintingsolutions.com/FWInterface.nsf/frmUtility?Openform&Lang=en&OS=Mac