Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone GT-S727 5R . THE PROLEM I

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone GT-S727 5R . THE PROLEM I HAVE IS I CANNOT RECEIVE AN INCOMONG CALL AS I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE HEADSET BUTTON IS AND IT DOES NOT WORK WHEN I DRAG THE PHONE ICON OUT OF THE CIRCLE. i CAN MAKE A CALL UT NOT RECEIVE ONE. CAN YOU HELP PLEASE
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I just found your question on the questions list.

Do you still have problem with answering phone calls?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have nothing more to add other than dragging the telephone icon out of the circle in oreder to receive a call, which do'es not work. the manual also says

I can connect the call by tapping the Headset button but there is no indication where this button is. It is not shown on the on-line manual . I have tried the Home button and no luck. If you could tell me which is this magic Headset button perhaps it will solve the mystery.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to be sure, when you receive call do you have the same screen as on the picture below?

If yes, please try to answer call this way. Tap and slide the green phone icon to the middle (check the picture below).

Is that the way you have tried to answer the call?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried that method 4 times and no luck. still looking for the alternative way via the headset button if i could locate it.

Where is it.

There is no headset button to answer calls for your phone model.

Are you sure that your cell phone model is correct?
Please check at the back sticker under battery for phone model. Remove the back cover and battery from your phone and look on the label. Your model number will be printed somewhere on this label.

Is this the first time you encounter this issue?

Regards,
Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This phone belongs to my son who has just bought it. I live in France and he is in England. I am working on the on=line manual for the product number he gave. I have now told him to take it back to the shop.

Thank you for additional information Anthony.

Just to be sure that phone model is correct, please check at the back sticker under battery for phone model. Remove the back cover and battery from your phone and look on the label. Your model number will be printed somewhere on this label.

I have GT-S727 5R in my hands and I just answered call using the procedure I have provided you with.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THE MODEL NUMER IS CORRECT. HE SAID STILL NOT WORKING. I TOLD HIM TO FORGET THE HEADSET BUTTON IT DOES NOT EXIST. WE WILL SEE WHAT THE SHOP HAS TO SAY. SPEAK TO YOU LATER.

It is possible that phone is defective and for that reason you can't answer the call (phone should be tested in the shop). Also, the problem can be you entered specific network code that is prevent incoming calls (barring calls - whatever you do to answer, the call will be rejected).

If there are changed network settings, the factory reset should resolve it. Resetting will unfortunately delete data from internal phone memory but not SD memory card (if you have it). Here is the procedure for resetting:
1. From Home tap "Settings"
2. Select "Accounts"
3. Select "Backup and reset"
4. Select "Factory data reset"
5. Select "Reset device"
6. Select "Erase everything".

Please keep me updated. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK HE HAS RESET IT AND IT WORKS FINE.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

You're welcome Anthony. I'm glad that I could help.

Don't worry phone is perfectly fine. That was a glitch in the software that prevented device to work properly.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.