Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a panasonic viera tv, with built in UK freeview which

I have a panasonic viera tv, with built in UK freeview which was happily working. The dvd recorder (also panasonic has developed a fault, its well out of warranty and i need to arrange repairs ) so I have therefore disconeected it fromm the TV . But having simply linked the tv to the terrestial ariel as per the instruvtion manual there is no sign of dvb channels . Not available as an option in set up menu and nothing on guide.

My husband is short of strangling me so any tips are v welcome. The TV has a live warranty, but I am worried there is something damned obvious
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV and DVD Recorder?
It will help to trouble shoot the problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi- the TV is Panasonic TX-L32X3B. The DVD recorder is Panasonic DMR-EX75EB. If its of any use, the recorder started displaying U81 code on Friday night, having undertaken some research i established this would require a professional repair. So in preparation for getting this in motion, I (regrettably ) disconnected it earlier today.

Thanks for getting back so swiftly

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Karen for model numbers info.

let me look into related manuals, get back to you in an hour.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for waiting.

Please press AV to select TV as source then press TV button on side panel of TV or its remote control and select DVB option, now press Menu and select DVB Tuning Menu then Auto Setup option to run auto tuning that will scan available channels through connected antenna.

Please reply back how it worked.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry

I had tried this already, I only get analogue tuning option, nothing for DVB tuning.

I just tried again but still not showing DVB tuning option.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
There is a button on TV remote says TV, what happens when you push it?
Does TV show analog and DVB selection?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My lovely, you are a miracle worker. I have been doing everything using remote BUT I oressed Tv on the side button and all my freeview channels are back.

Phew, you can quote me as "delighted with the superb, quick help"

My very best wishes to you and yours

Karen

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

You're welcome Karen,
Glad to know all is set now, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.