Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Good Morning I have a Pioneer Plasma PDP436PD which I purchased

Good Morning

I have a Pioneer Plasma PDP436PD which I purchased in 2006 in South Africa, I then returned to the uk later that same year

I have had an Issue over the week-end that when I switch the screen on it would go direct to Standby them click to on this is normal
Now I switch the screen on and it goes to stangby but does not switch the screed on

What to do,I live in the Basingstoke area if there is a service outlet near by for repair if that is what is needed
Malcolm Hallas
01256 342 642
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and media box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and check?

If it doesn't help then it would be internal failure like capacitors or regulator chip in power supply board that happens after long time service and should be examine by handy person to get it replace, sorry for this news.
Please check following link to locate TV repair shops in area to get repair quote.

http://www.checkatrade.com/Search/Tv-Repair/in/BASINGSTOKE

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective parts/board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about spending on this old TV or invest that amount on new replacement TV taht would have latest video technology and features. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!