KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

hi we have a 50inch pioneer plazma model number pdplx5090 which

hi we have a 50inch pioneer plazma model number pdplx5090 which is not turning on, the blue light flashes and it makes a clicking noise but nothing comes on the screen can u help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

2 years old

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

does it flash in sequence or continuous flashes are there ?

KevinWhiteJA :

do you also see flashing red light ?

Customer:

continuous, no red light

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

Customer:

actually it flashes 9 times then stops for a couple of seconds and does it again

KevinWhiteJA :

ok and what happens if you press the on/off button when it flashes

Customer:

it makes a clicking sound, i can see the screen is trying to come on cause it goes a bit lighter but then it doesnt and just keeps flashing again

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem is with the power supply board (main board) of the unit which has to be checked by authorized service tech

KevinWhiteJA :

are you willing to do it yourself ?

Customer:

yep, i used to fix tvs years a go, they have changed a bit since my day, will it be easy enough and do u know what the cost is

KevinWhiteJA :

usually the problem is caused due to failing capacitors on the power supply board...you can take off the back and have a look at the power supply

KevinWhiteJA :

and when it flashes blue if you press the standby button it gives another error code

KevinWhiteJA :

which will narrow down which boards are involved.

Customer:

ok i will give that a go, i spoke to an engineer over the phone the other day and he quoted me 2 to 300 pounds to sort it out is this reasonable?

KevinWhiteJA :

well that is a lot

KevinWhiteJA :

a new power board will cost around £75

KevinWhiteJA :

+ cost of repair

KevinWhiteJA :

anyways not worth getting repaired if it costs you £300

Customer:

so i will take your advice and take the back off cheers, XXXXX XXXXX where can i get a new power board?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can contact the manufacturer or you can buy it here

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer:

ok thank you! will do

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening