Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a sandstrom tv that keep saying no signal showing the

We have a sandstrom tv that keep saying no signal showing the DVD sign how can we isolate so that the Tv works?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
S24FED12A
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you receive model number?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for model info.

Does TV or its remote control has button says Input or Source?
What happens if you press that button to select different input in TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you press input or source it just reverts straight back to DVD after you have changed it to DTV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Please replug the connector that pulled from DVD unit in TV then try to switch to DTV or any other input?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It now went straight to DVD we then changed it then it said no information and no signal
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, so now TV stays on DTV or any other input when change it then shows no-signal, is this correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes when you change it to DTV it just goes straight back to DVD then says no signal, it will not stay on DTV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
ah OK, couple more questions to conclude the diagnosis..

- Was there any storm or lightning in area that might caused this problem in TV?
- Was TV playing DVD before the problem occurred or displaying TV channels?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
DVD worked ok but we were unable to remove it, when it kept reverting back to DVD we took it apart and removed disc, it did work on the tv for a bit but then it kept going back to DVD. No storm or lightning
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Diana for the info.

It seems main processor chip issue that has set DVD as default input on its own and every time goes to DVD input due to internal failure/ glitch in firmware( TV internal software).

At this point please check TV menu options for reset to default settings option that might help to resolve firmware glitch issue and if it is hardware related issue (main processor chip internal failure) then I'm sorry, main board of TV will be replaced to resolve this problem and this kind of repair may cost good money at local TV repair shop or contact Sandstorm and you might prefer a new replacement TV instead of investing on this one's repair.

http://www.sandstromstyle.com/pages/contact-sandstrom

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.