Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

how to de-activate protection circuit activation on the denon

how to de-activate protection circuit activation on the denon m39
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a fee based Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Either a Channel has shorted or you have a speaker who's impedance (ohms) is too low. Remove all speakers and power back on. If that corrects the problem, connect each speaker back up one at a time until you find the culprit.

If the Denon is still activating the Protection Circuit even with everything disconnected from it then a Channel has blown. I normally see a couple Mosfet's short out and sometimes a Diode and Resistor or two open circuit. You'll have to know your stuff and have the proper equipment if you plan to attempt a repair yourself. If you do, I would start with removing all Audio Output Mosfets and testing them for open, shorts, and proper voltage drops.

~Carl
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply and insight. The speakers are Q acoustics 2010i and have an impedance of 6 which are compatable for the denon by my understanding, the denon is still activating the protection circuit with everything unconnected and just the power cord connected so i will assume that a chanel has blown and wait for the manufacturer to respond to my query as i have no electrical know-how to fix this myself. i dont know what could have caused a chanel to blow as i had double checked all the cables were on the right points and had followed the set up to the book. oh well! i suppose at this point i could justifiably say "Shit happens".

kindest regards, Ryan