carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi there I have a fairly new 32" full hd tv. Been working

Customer Question

Hi there
I have a fairly new 32" full hd tv. Been working fine but today went to turn it on with remote but just will not turn on. When pressing the red on button on remote the red light on the tv just flickers. Tried everything. It is not a smart tv. Please help. Regards
Julie Osman
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Please could you send me the make and model of the tv

JACUSTOMER-ssfz0xiu- :

Samsung UE32F5000

carlday1, Engineer
Experience: Self Employed Electronic Engineer
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

I guess you have rebooted the set by unplugging it from wallpower waiting 5 kins then replugging...

The set unfortunately has a problem with most likely the mainboard or powerboard now checks with a meter are needed to decide which board is to blame if you can use a meter are practical and use small tools then it may be that you can do the work yourself, the board is then ordered and fitted in the set.I will provide more info

If your not comfortable with that then a tech would charge around $200 for work so you do have to be careful with spending on a set of this size
You can find a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

Let me know if you need more info OR can do the work yourself

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Thanks but im afraid you have rated previous experts what should have info request instead of mine.....

Anthony