Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Mum has had a power temporary power cut whilst the TV was

My Mum has had a power temporary power cut whilst the TV was on power has now come back on but the TV is not working the red power light isn't lit I've changed the fuse still no joy can you help please? TV is SAMSUNG DVB MODEL No LE37A558P3FXXU
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Did you replace fuse in power plug or on power supply board inside TV?
- Do you have voltmeter and can check volts on connectors of power supply board in TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I changed the fuse in the electric plug of the power cable. There is no-body I can ask to check the supply board in the TV,my mother is elderly and disabled lives alone,I have called to try and help her.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
ah OK, thanks for the info.

Unfortunately it seem hardware failure and mostly power supply board got surge volts when power restored that usually damage the standby volt section on power supply board.
Standby volts are necessary to awake the main processor chip in this TV so you get usual little power light on TV front and main processor chip turns On main power supply section on same board when push power button either on TV or its remote control.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs power supply board replacement to resolve the issue. Please remove back cover of TV to access to power supply board where you will see board part number sticker/ label that will help to search/ google it for better price and stock info to order it and replace it in TV.
If you feel uncomfortable working inside TV then local TV repair shop will do this work for you.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.