*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Panasonic DMC-TZ10 camera and, since yesterday,

Hi there - I have a Panasonic DMC-TZ10 camera and, since yesterday, I seem to have accidentally switched off the display screen and cannot work out how to switch it back on! The battery is fully charged and the shutter mechanism etc is working properly. Would you possibly be able to help? Many thanks....Paul

Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Paul,
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
The camera has an option to turn off the display and use the view finder only. Press the display(46) button to toggle the lcd on and off>graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there - thanks! I had already tried that, but pressing the button 46 does nothing, so I guess the display must have broken? :-(

Check the sleep mode next please>
If the Camera is set to [SLEEP MODE].
24)
Press shutter button halfway to release.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy - I tried that, but nothing happened :-( It's looking a little terminal, I guess?

Paul

Yes unfortunately, that does sound like the LCD has failed. I was looking through all of the functions to be sure we have not overlooked anything. The only other option is to reset the camera by removing the battery for 5 minutes and then reinsert the battery and power back on.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy

I've tried that - no difference. When I switch the camera back on, the little green light next to the "display button" lights up for a moment - but that's it - I think it's probably time to buy a new camera. If you can think of anything else, please let me know. If not, I'll close this down shortly and thanks for your help. :-)

If you are looking for a similar camera, I saw a great deal on one at Amazon. I purchase most all of my electronic devices here because they have a great return policy, they have free delivery also>PLEASE CLICK HERE<

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!