Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung TV LE32R is attached to sky+ and tv is stuck on

Customer Question

My Samsung TV LE32R is attached to sky+ and tv is stuck on standby, any ideas? My Sky box was on red when I got home so don't know if there was a power outage
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the complete model number of Samsung TV?
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a Samsung le32r88bdx xeu and no I haven't done the 10 minute thing - didn't know to do that
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for TV model info. Can you please try unplug - replug now and reply back the results?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have unplugged it now and will wait the 10 minutes then let you know - is that ok?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please take your time, I'll be waiting your reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just plugged the tv back in and it is still on standby. The red standby light is flashing if that makes any difference.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, how old is the TV and was there any other problem like slow power up or take longer time to turn On before this problem occurred?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The TV is about 3 yrs old - it was fine this morning no problems before at all. Only thing today was the sky box being on red when i got home and the tv screen was black. I thought it would have come back when the sky box went back on again. At one point it was as though it was looking for reception with an oxxasional blip as though it was connecting but that isn't happening now. Sky had me reset the box and the light is green. My problem is I don't know if it is a sky problem or a tv problem.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for detailed reply, unfortunately it seems TV internal problem as Sky box or any other video device (DVD player etc) is just source of video-audio signals to TV and can not prevent TV to power up.

Flashing standby light on TV is another indication of internal failure, TV has few circuit boards inside and it need further trouble shooting to figure out what circuit board has failed and causing the problem to get it replaced.
If you are working on this TV yourself then reply back to assist you further (it needs basic electronics knowledge and voltmeter) or local TV repair shop will do this job for you and it may cost 100 to 130 Pounds.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for this. I kind of suspected it was the tv itself. I am more include to go get a new one rather than go down the repair loop.

Thank you so much for your help - at least I can make informed decisions now.

Fiona
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Fiona.
I wish I had better news about this TV.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions or need my further assistance.
Regards,

Shahid.