Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

i have a panasonic camcorder SDR S70 and was using it to-day

i have a panasonic camcorder SDR S70 and was using it to-day the battery ran out and i put on another fully charged battery it worked about 2mins and i pressed pause button and closed the camcorder when i opened the door to video more the camcorder would not come on again. When i got home i tried to charge the battery but the red light woud not come on either. Can you help me please? the camcorder is just about two years old and has not been used an awful lot.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with this camcorder.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Have you tried to remove battery from camcorder for 5 minutes, attach it again and check?
- Also, are you looking to repair it by yourself and we would need to take it apart for that, if battery remove - attach doesn't work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have tried leaving battery off when i put it back on again the red light above battery comes on and goesout again immediatley.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, please take out memory card (if any) from camera and check, does it power up now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does not make any difference i have already tried this the light just flashes on and goes off again.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Angela for the info.

Unfortunately it seems power supply section failure as one or two regulator chips became defective for some reason and causing the problem, main board of camcorder will be replaced to resolve this issue as this type of circuit board can not be repaired on component level and entire board has to be replaced for any electronic part failure. Sorry for this news.
Camcorder need to send to repair shop or Panasonic repair facility in area to get it repaired as it is not user level repair nor any settings issue that needs reset. This kind of repair may cost good money like 80% of camera price so it is up to you to get this one repaired or invest that money on newer unit.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.