Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

Mobile Phone Samsung GT-S3350 Serial No.YS1B4129S/4 E4 Locked

Customer Question

Mobile Phone Samsung GT-S3350 Serial No.YS1B4129S/4 E4 Locked out. No signal at all. Do I need a new battery - purchased
April 2011
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Is this the first time you have experience this issue?

Are you able to get into the Menu? Is there only problem with signal or your phone is completely locked?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not had this experience before. The phone is completely locked - no signal at all. Screen completely blank.

Hi Mildred,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

This problem sounds like a hardware issue (bad battery, defective motherboard), but sometimes the same issue can be caused by glitch in the software. If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue. Let's find out what is the problem.

Please follow the steps below to reset your phone:
1. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
2. Clean your SIM card. One of the best ways to clean your SIM contacts is to use a pencil eraser or rubber. Simply lay the SIM flat on a desk and gently rub the gold coloured SIM contacts with the rubber. Then blow off the bits of rubber and finally wipe with a dry piece of kitchen towel.
2. Wait 2 minutes
3. Replace SIM card and battery
4. Press and hold Power button for exactly 30 seconds.

If that doesn't help please perform the next troubleshooting step:
1. Plug the phone into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power button and Volume UP button at the same time for 15 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the phone to reboot.

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you - no more information needed. I followed your instructions to clean the sim card and my phone is working well. I have rated your service as excellent. Mildred

You're welcome Mildred. I'm glad that I could help.

Thank you for using our service and for positive rating.

Best Regards,
Todd