Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

how to clear subtitles from screen of smart tv

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the complete model number of TV in question?
- Also, what video devices are connected to this TV and on what video source you get subtitles?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ue32es5500k Samsung video recorder sky plus box

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

Is TV have Ariel for air channels transmission and does subtitles appear on it or just when watch Sky plus channels?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

appears to happen when through sky box

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Colin for the info.

It seems subtitles are being generated by Sky box because TV can produce subtitles only if TV mode is selected as source to watch air channels through Ariel.
However, please press Menu on TV remote then go to System and select Subtitles option and check is it Off?
If subtitle is set Off and still get subtitles when watch Sky channels then need to check subtitles with in Sky receiver settings with its remote control to get it Off.
TV can not differentiate between external video sources connected in HDMI or RCA inputs and will display whatever video signal it gets from source so if subtitles option is Off in TV system menu then subtitles are coming from Sky box that need to be turned Off in Sky box settings.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.