Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 4 year old small Viera television which has developed

I have a 4 year old small Viera television which has developed a problem with the sound and picture.
At times it is perfectly good but at intervals strips of uncordinated squares of image run across the screen. There is also interference to the sound when this happens.
There have been a few occasions when 'No signal' has appearred on the screen.

My other television works fine on the two cable connections that I have tried.

I assume that this might be a physical problem with the arial connection inside the television. Nothing is apparent on the outside.

can you suggest a course of action please?

John Read
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV, if possible?
- Is TV connected to Ariel for TV channel reception or any cable/ satellite box connected?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model no. is TX-L 19C20B

I have tried it both on the ariel and the Virgin cable connection.The problem is the same on both.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, have you tried to run retune/ rescan channels to update channel data in TV memory?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I haven't done this.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, can you please try this now that will help to check built in tuner performance in TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have just done this and watched for five minutes. There seems to be no interference currently!

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Sounds good John, it seems old channel data was cause of problem, retuning worked to refresh it and now TV has updated channel data in memory that help to keep the built in tuner working properly in TV thus no interference or screechy sound on DVB channels.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions or TV gives picture and sound trouble.
If TV keep working in normal way then a positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.