Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi - I just bought a samsung UE32F5000AK. Even though my old

Hi - I just bought a samsung UE32F5000AK. Even though my old samsung was able to receive channels down my ariel cable (and still does) the new TV scans and can't find any channels. Can anyone help me? Thanks very much
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Does TV find any channel during scan process?
- What option you select in TV menu to begin channel scan?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it didn't find any. I selected:

Aerial - cable

Channel type - digital and analogue

Search mode - network

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, can you please try it this way? ... Menu > Broadcasting > Arial > Enter... does it make things better?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - it's the same. It says there is weak or no signal. But when I plug the cable into my old Samsung it works fine.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, so Arial, its cable and pin which plugs in TV is fine and works on other TV.

Did you select UK in channel settings? menu > Broadcasting > Channel Settings > Enter and check Country for Digital Channel, set UK then rescan channels...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that was OK - everything is set to the UK, but still finding nothing

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK Ginette, it seems TV internal issue and most probably the built in tuner isn't working properly in TV to scan channel frequencies to store in memory.
Since the TV is brand new so it would be under warranty, please return this one to get replacement unit or let the store fix the issue through Samsung service under warranty cover.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it would be hardware failure that needs defective part/ board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.